Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend with friends...

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Seems like life isn't overly interesting lately, just the same-old, same-old. But this weekend we had some fun that I wanted to share...

We had a fantastic weekend with our friends Nicole and Levi. The dads in both of our families are away on military business right now, so we decided to make our own fun this weekend. The sun is finally back out on a more regular basis, so we're taking advantage of it...

Yesterday we went to Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park. It's the local waterpark, just down the street from us. We got annual passes because truthfully, I'm pretty tired of having a pound or more of sand in the car at any given moment. I miss the smell of a chlorinated pool. The ocean is beautiful and I love it, too, but this is a nice break when we need it.

Hawaiian Waters is a nice park - for my fellow Ohioans it's very much like Wyandot Lake, but it only has water attractions, no "rides". It's small, but never very crowded. The only downside is that the water is FREEZING!! Why they don't heat the water, even a little, I will never understand. So, even though it was sunny yesterday, the water temp was way too cold to bear. We left after only 2 hours.

Last night the girls and I watched a favorite movie of mine, "Summer Magic" with Hayley Mills. I don't think the girls liked it like I wish they would. We didn't even make it all the way through before Abby fell asleep and Alex was nodding off. (As an aside, Jon wasn't enjoying the movie because he is in Germany TDY. Lucky dog!!)

Today Nicole and Levi rode with us to Haleiwa, an historic town on O'ahu's North Shore. We window shopped in the North Shore MarketPlace and had a great Mexican lunch. (I know, Mexican in Hawaii. Sounds weird.) It was tasty! We laughed and had a nice time. Nicole is a great conversationalist, and I really feel that whenever I spend time with her, I get to know her a little better. I really enjoy her company.
We took some pictures that I thought were sweet, so I wanted to share.

Thanks Nicole and Levi. You mean the world to the Heffner family, and I hope that this weekend is just one of many fun times we'll have together!


(l to r) Alex, Levi and Abby. Nicole is holding Levi up from behind
since there weren't enough holes for all of them to look through.)



Alex, Levi, Alissa and Abby outside the "Oceans in Glass" store in Haleiwa.
These kids get along so well, Levi and his parents are like an extension of our own family.



The kids in the car - such cuties!

3 comments:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

awwwwwww. I saw that pic and had to remember that it wouldn't be my kids sitting with yours. We miss you guys lost.

RangersGirl said...

Sounds like you guys had a great day. I wish I wasn't always so rushed around with car crap and stuff the last time you were in DC.

Nicole said...

aww Tiff I just discoverd this post. You are such a sweet, dear friend. Im so glad to that you enjoyed our time as much as I did. It was so nice to have a family to be with while Graham was gone. Hugs,
Nicole